Tennis is a sport that takes quite a bit of practice in order to be good at it. There are many benefits to playing tennis such as mental and physical health, as well as social skills. The tennis industry has boomed in the last few years, and many families are looking for tennis academies to enroll their children in. In this article, I intend to give you some advice on how to market your academy so that you will be able to grow your business and make more money.
1. Use social media
Social media is a great way to expand your reach and create new opportunities.
Social media has been around for a long time now, but it’s only just starting to get the attention and credit it deserves from marketers. Brands all over are using social media marketing as a way to promote their products and services in innovative ways, and the best part is that you don’t need a big budget or team of specialists to do it.
Social media may seem like an intimidating place at first, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to use it in no time!
- Start by creating social media accounts for your business for Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. You can also just start out with one or two of these social media platforms to get a feel for it.
- Regularly add content to your social media account – at least once per week – to market your lessons and connect to your clients and potential customers.
- Your content could be anything from videos of your drills, to pictures of your practice session or motivational quotes.
If you believe it will be too time-consuming, start out with one social media platform or look into investing in a social media management software. With such software, you can schedule your content conveniently from one place.
2. Create a website that’s easy to navigate and provides essential information for future or current players, parents, and coaches
When it comes to designing a website for potential or current customers, it’s important to keep in mind their needs. The navigation on the site should be easy and intuitive. Information should be presented so that it is easily digestible to the reader.
Here are three important factors that need to be considered when designing a website:
1) Navigation – what the visitor sees, and how they navigate through the site
2) Content – providing visitors with relevant information in an organized manner
3) Interface – design and functionality of the site
3. Make your tennis club a destination with amenities like tournament play or pro shops
It’s important to make your tennis club a destination. People would want to play on your court because it has better amenities than most other clubs.
Many tennis players are looking for highly-ranked courts with tournament play and pro shops nearby. They are also looking for courts with amenities like locker rooms and clubhouses, so they can feel more at home. With these offerings, your club will be a popular destination for tennis enthusiasts in the area.
4. Hold special events like holiday tournaments or tennis summer camps
Special events are a great way to increase brand awareness and attract new customers.
Holding special events like holiday tournaments or tennis summer camps is a great way for brands to reach out to their demographic and attract new customers. You might be able to get companies to sponsor your tournaments. This way you will be able to hand out attractive prizes to the winners of the tournament.
By holding tennis camps and promoting them, new clients might sign up that could turn into long-term customers. In addition, you can work more intensively with your current players to improve their games.
5. Feature customer testimonials on your site or the local newspaper to show how you’re making an impact on the game of tennis in your community
Tennis academies that are showcasing their customer testimonials are able to show a tangible impact they have made on other people’s lives and tennis skills. This is one way for businesses to convince potential customers that they too will benefit from using your services.
A great way to generate testimonials is by asking your customers to provide them voluntarily. Find out what has been most beneficial about your tennis lessons and ask them if they would be willing to provide a testimonial with specific details about how it has impacted their life or improved their game.
6. Make sure your coaches are prepared to teach top-notch lessons by continuously improving their coaching skills
Educating your coaching staff and potentially furthering their skills can benefit your academy. Coaching clinics held by experts offer coaches a chance to learn about the latest coaching trends and best practices in a specific area of coachings, such as leadership or conflict resolution.
Moreover, coaching clinics offer people an opportunity to network with other professionals and learn how to master key skills. Your coaches are able to take what they’ve learned back to your tennis academy, helping them grow professionally and improve communication between staff and players.
7. Offer free tennis lessons to attract new clients
An effective way of attracting new clients is by offering free tennis lessons to people who are interested in your services. This can be beneficial to both you and your potential new clients. It will allow you to teach them about the game and you have a chance to win new customers.
At the same time, your potential clients will get a chance to learn from you and get to know you and your teaching style better without having to invest anything.
8. Have an online booking page where your clients can sign up for tennis lessons and camps
Having a booking page for tennis lessons and camps is not only beneficial for your clients but also for yourself. You’ll save time on forwarding phone calls and emails, and your schedule will fill itself automatically, even in your sleep.
For your clients, it will be much more convenient to have all the information such as location, price, and dates of your tennis lessons or tennis camps online and easily accessible. This way it is easy to register and your clients will have a neat overview of all your offerings.
In addition, your clients have the ability to make payments securely online and can view your schedule with prices in real-time.
You can use software such as Planubo to help you create a booking page in minutes without having any technical know-how. Planubo can also help you to handle other administrative tasks such as writing invoices, getting paid on time, managing your clients, and improving your client’s overall experience.
By following some or all of the eight different ways mentioned above, you can promote your tennis academy in a professional manner. Try out some of these approaches and decide which one will work for you and your team best.